A traditional creamy lemon dessert which can be made in advance, only requires three ingredients and takes about ten minutes to make.
- 600ml double cream
- 140g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 2 large unwaxed lemons
- Zest the lemons and squeeze the juice out
- Gently heat the cream and sugar in a non-stick pan until a gentle simmer is achieved
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Take off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Add the lemon juice and zest stirring all the time
- Once you have a thick creamy base, divide into six ramekins
- Cool in fridge for at least three hours. Take out ten minutes before serving to bring back to room temperature.
Posset is a traditional dessert found all over the country and can be found in many Yorkshire cookery books. It can be served with fresh fruits or berries or biscuits. You can make it particularly Yorkshire by serving it with a Yorkshire rhubarb compote (gently cook some rhubarb pieces in some sugar and water until cooked.)